JEHOVAH – RAPHA: THE LORD WHO HEALS
1. Read the text carefully and answer the following questions.
a. What was the occasion for the revelation of this name of God?
b. What exhilarating experience did Israel just have? Exodus 14:21-31
c. What in our lives today can be likened to the bitter waters of Marah?
List two or three “bitter” experiences you have endured recently.
d. The common way to approach a difficulty or stress in our life is the same way that the Isrealites approached their stress, Exodus 15:24. Also see Job 2: 9. How do you usually approach difficulty that seems cruel to you?
2. The Revelation of the Name, Jehovah-Rapha, Exodus 15:25.
Please note that the solution to this problem of bitter water was not one from the mind of Moses. It was rather from the Lord Himself.
The Lord showed Moses a _________________.
The tree made the difference in the taste of the water. When we think of the many bitter experiences of life, what tree has made a difference? __________________________________ Surely in the light of Calvary, the “tree makes a difference,” the bitter problems of life can become sweet. Exodus 15:26 gives us the revelation of the name. God says in the last part of the verse, “…I the Lord Am Your Healer.” Literally, I am Jehovah-Rapha, the Lord Who makes bitter things sweet.
3. The name Jehovah-Rapha is a name that speaks to us and our need today. We live in a stressful world and society. Every day new problems confront us and we bend under the load of seemingly unsolvable problems. How can Jehovah-Rapha bring healing to a sick world. List some of the ways you already know that make this a reality for you.
4. Now look up the following verses and see if you can add anything to your list of practical ways to handle bitterness.
a. Romans 8:28-29
When will ultimate healing take place?
Remember that God lives in eternity, and we in time. We are often in a hurry. God is never in a hurry. But the bitterness in our life will someday be made sweet. We have that promise.
b. Hebrews 12:10-11
How does “bitter chastisement” become sweet?
This suggests that I need to view ___________________ in a positive way. It produces a ________________ of _________________ and _____________.
c. And what is the factor that makes a difference in the life of a child of God as compared with one who has not chosen the Savior? See John 1:12
A tree provided by God made the difference. Christ on Calvary!
Jehovah-Rapha means, “I am the Lord _______ ___________ .”
4. What difference is this going to make in your life?
Posted from WordPress for Novia BlackBerry.